Artur Martí (Barcelona, 1986) is a musician and a songwriter from Sabadell.
He’s a Biochemistry graduate and has a mention in French Philology. He likes guitars, to travel, pizza, dogs, to play chess, Superman, the sea, astronomy, France and L’Empordà. He’s vegetarian.
He has edited various demos and singles, and two professional albums (‘Diario de viaje’ (TM Studio, 2017) & ‘Natural’ (TM Studio, 2019)); and he has also had the pleasure of doing more than 120 concerts in well known places such as: Sala Bikini, Music Hall Barcelona, Le chapeau rouge Carcassonne, FNAC, Rock museum of Barcelona, Sala Mephisto, Sala Vivaldi, Teatre de l’Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona…, and in different places of Spain, France, Italy, USA, Morocco and Nepal.
The road is long, but if there is something that he’s convinced of, it is that this is the direction he has to take.
Teachers that he has had:
– Guitar: Albert Faz (guitar), Miguel Ángel Marchal (guitar), Jordi Jané (acoustic guitar), Rafael Cañizares (flamenco guitar) and Dani Quintana (electric guitar).
– Voice: Àngels Civit (classical) and Gemma Pedrós (complete vocal technique).
– He was the frontman, principal voice and guitarist of the rock band ‘Malas compañías’ (2007-2009); he was the guitarrist of the orchestra ‘The Kent Farm’ (2016-2018), founded by himself and he was the guitarist of the John Mayer Barcelona Cover Band (2018-2020), also founded by himself..
– He was student in the Taller de Músics de Barcelona and in the Escuela de flamenco Rafael Cañizares.
– Guitar teacher since 2009; he had 15 guitar students.
– Masterclasses: Robert Godin, Pat Martino, Pulmon Beatbox, Rafael Riqueni, Diego García “el Twanguero”, Hansel Heredia, Jordi Mateo, Carles Horváth, Sébastien Giniaux, Rafalito Salazar, Guthrie Govan, Michele Manca, Craig Wright, Lulo Pérez, Tomo Fujita, Llibert Fortuny, Carles Benavent, Charu Hariharan, Welson Tremura…
– Influences: BEN HARPER and JOHN MAYER; and also: Sau, Jack Johnson, Lenny Kravitz, Paco de Lucía, Oasis, Xavier Rudd, John Butler, Andy Mckee, Carlos Santana, Damien Rice, Vicente Amigo, Nirvana, Nada Surf, Carlos Santana, Yann Tiersen, Pete Murray, Chopin, Stereophonics, Els Pets, Jose Gonzalez, Jason Mraz, Beirut, Joaquín Sabina, Los Planetas, Radiohead, Bon Iver, La Habitación Roja, The Kooks, Vetusta Morla, Coldplay, Ryan Adams, Foo fighters, Death Cab for Cutie…